Our routes and boulder problems are set by a team of certified internationally recognized routesetters who turn over each gym every 8 weeks. The routes and problems remain long enough to work your projects yet stay fresh and varied to enhance your training.
A few important details:
- Route tags and start labels provide a grade of difficulty, a date to refer to lifespan, and the initials of the routesetter.
- Natural wall features are considered to be on the routes and boulder problems, unless noted otherwise on the route tag.
- Routes and boulder problems are identified by colored tape. On occasion, routes and boulder problems are set by hold color.
- Routes are graded by difficulty based on the Yosemite Decimal System, ranging from 5.5 to 5.13+.
- Boulder problems are graded by difficulty based on the V-Scale, ranging from VB to V10+.
- A feedback card may be placed on certain climbs for members to vote on the difficulty rating. Thoughtful and insightful feedback is always welcome!